TO ALL PRESENTLY ENROLLED BOLAND COLLEGE STUDENTS
9 June 2020
The Minister of Higher Education, Science and Innovation, Dr BE Nzimande, has announced the return to TVET Colleges by students in his media statement on Saturday, 23 May 2020.
Following the Minister’s statement, the Department of Higher Education and Training on Friday, 29 May 2020 issued its Approved TVET Revised College Academic Calendar for 2020. In the Revised Calendar, provision is only made for:
- The continuation of Engineering Studies Trimester 1 and one more New Trimester intake in August 2020. In other words, there will only be 2 trimesters in 2020.
- The continuation of Semester 1. There will not be another New Semester intake in 2020.
- The continuation of the NC(V) programme.
- The continuation of the PLP programme.
The following table indicates starting dates for resumption (continuation) of classes for all Ministerial Funded and Occupational programmes which was stopped on 18 March 2020:
- It is absolutely important that you return to college on the stipulated dates so that you can catch-up from where the classes stopped on 18 March 2020 for all academic classes. Your academic success is dependent on what you are prepared to commit. The college staff is ready to welcome you back so that you can obtain your qualification.
- You must acquaint yourself with the Covid-19 health and safety requirements before arriving at the college. The requirements are available on the college Facebook page.
- Should you be travelling from outside the Western Cape Province, then it is your responsibility to make contact with the campus where you are studying in order to obtain the applicable written permit to return to your campus. If someone else is transporting you back to the college, then you must also obtain the applicable permit from the campus for the driver of the vehicle.