The hard work and dedication over the last few years have brought you to this point, and now it’s time to celebrate!
This year’s Diploma and Certificate Ceremony will take place on 13 May 2016 at Worcester Campus. All invitations have been sent to qualifying students to the addresses you have listed on the system as you signed off during your last registration.
- We will only send out the invitation once.
- You must RSVP to the campus of study, except for ECD students (see below):
- Complete and fax to the campus where you studied:
– Caledon, Bredasdorp, Hermanus and Kleinmond: Attention: T. Pool 028 212 3271
– Paarl: Attention: A. Lambrechts 021 872 5944
– Stellenbosch: Attention: P. Swartz 021 887 0774
– Strand: Attention: K. Lombard 021 854 8756
– Worcester: Attention: A. Koen 023 342 5768
– ECD: Attention: J. Botha 086 635 4877
- Make sure that the campus confirms that they have received your RSVP. Give them a call if you think it is appropriate to ensure that they received your fax.
- You must bring R100 to rent an academic gown and collar (the black cloak and coloured band for your neck). This is a rental amount and is not refundable.
- There will be a photographer and you will order your photos directly from them.
- There is a morning and an afternoon session. Make sure you arrive for the right session, because students who arrive for the morning session will not be allowed in the afternoon session and students who arrive for the morning session, but was supposed to be in the afternoon session, will not be allowed in the morning session.
- Only a maximum of two guests per student will be allowed in the hall. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE ALLOWED.
The process in short:
- The student is invited.
- The student RSVPs (before 30 April 2016).
- The student then arrives at the Worcester Campus on 13 May 2016 for the event. They will either arrive for the morning or afternoon session.
- At the campus the student goes to the Gym Hall where they pay R100. All students pay the R100. In that hall they get the following:
– Academic Gown
– Academic Collar
– Access ticket to the hall
- After this, students go to the photo area to register to have their photos taken. No official photos will be taken before the event. Do not worry if you did not arrive in time, there will be time after the event to register again and have your photos taken with family and friends.
- Once all the students have their academic gowns and collars they must be ready on the big lawn in front of the hall. There we will set up the students in the order they will go on stage.
- If it rains this will be done in the Experiential Theatre.
- The ceremony will start and finish and afterwards students will go to the classroom that is indicated and get their qualification, certificate or a letter if you already received them.
On the day:
Please note the following house rules for the day:
- Students who arrive after the academic procession has entered the hall will not be allowed in the hall for the event.
- It is only a two hour event and no one will be allowed to leave the hall during the event.
- The academic gown and collar is only rented and not your property. Please make sure that it is returned. The photographer has a set of all the gowns and collars for photos.
- No gowns will be issued without payment.
- No photography is allowed in the hall. It interferes with the official photographer’s flash.
- No smoking, eating or drinking in the hall.
- No children (we understand if you have a baby and need to bring him or her along, but please note, only two seats per student is allocated, which means if the little one is of an age where they need their own seat, they will not be allocated a seat. If the little one starts crying, please leave the hall in respect to other graduates and their guests).
- Please use the restroom before the event because during the event we will not allow the restrooms to be used.
- Boland College reserves the right to refuse any person access to the hall. If we suspect that a person is aggressive, or may be under the influence of alcohol or any other substance, we may refuse them entry or remove them from the venue.
- But the most important house rule is to enjoy the day. It has been hard work and sacrifice and now it is time to reap the fruit of your hard work.
If you want to make sure your name is on the list, please view the following documents:
Morning Session Attendees List
Afternoon Session Attendees List